Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Kids Are Alright

When I was 22 I met a strange kid named Palmer (see other posts, JP related stuff is likely to show up here from time to time)who wore thick-rimed glasses, cut-off pants and played the banjo. We'd hitch rides and have adventures and he knew a bunch of Woody Guthrie songs he learned from public library record albums.

I used to write little scripted scenarios featuring fictionalized versions of our friends called "John Palmer Comix." In them, JP was a semi-magical character unbound by physical laws. I figured that one day I would get the scripts drawn up or something, but of course didn't.

Now some 18 years later there is another John (Scott) Palmer on the scene and I'll be durned if his buddies didn't cast him in a very JP Comix type way in this video. Cheap video cameras and a method for sharing it! I would have loved that when I was 20. Well, I love it now, don't I?

No comments: