Wednesday, March 26, 2008

cool music apps

Here are two free apps I recommend, and one I'm trying for the first time today:

Exact Audio Copy is the best audio grabber I have tried. It'll rip your cds to MP3, flac or wav and does a bunch of other stuff I haven't even tried yet.
(PC only, but you aren't a Mac i-tunes slave are you?)
link

Songbird is both a web-browser (based on Firefox) and a media player. Cruise the internet to play mp3s, search for the highest quality files, play file formats your ordinary media player chokes on; phooey on i-tunes, try Songbird. (Warning, it is in development mode and still a little buggy, but I have had only limited problems. My tip is to avoid excessive add-ons).
link

I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks cool. I'm listening to a user's "Muxtape" while I work, and will make one of my own after business hours. It is a "music sharing site lets you create virtual mix tapes."
My user name will be "elcazador" of course:
link

-R

1 comment:

Antara said...

Roy you are so wise and generous in your sharing of information regarding all things groovy!